Monday, October 7, 2013

Hello World... again.

I'd like to welcome you all to the new home of "Technoholic."

I'm not sure how you arrived to this blog, maybe through my profile on Google+ or Facebook, but thank you for coming. I started this blog back in February 2011 and it was supposed to be a way for me to connect with people through technology. I wanted to be able to give tips and keep people up to date with the latest tech news.

I gave that my best shot and it seems that I just couldn't bring the readers in. It was originally hosted by The News-Item, a newspaper in Shamkin, Pa., and later The Republican-Herald in Pottsville, Pa. It seems a ton of people just aren't as passionate about technology in the anthracite coal region of Pennsylvania.

Here's the original logo for the blog:


This brings us to where we are today. Since my blog is no longer listed on The Republican-Herald website, I created a new blog and kept the same name. I have all my previous posts that you can read and see how my writing has progressed over the years.

I've come a long way since starting the blog and I think it's only right that the blog transitions as well. At the time of writing this, I'm still a staff writer at The Republican-Herald, but I'm also now a student at Penn State, going back for my second bachelor's degree. If all goes well, in about two and half years I'll have my B.S. in Information Sciences and Technology. I'm doing all sorts of cool things like learning how to program in C++, learning about web design and starting to create apps with my fellow classmates.

On this blog, I hope to tell you about the cool things I'm doing in class and out. One thing I'll be playing with is a Raspberry Pi, a $35 micro-computer, which I recently purchased. I also was recently contacted by the Google Glass Team and am a Google Glass Explorer. It hasn't arrived yet, but expect to see lots of posts on Glass in the near future.

So for now... stay tuned, all you technoholics...

No comments:

Post a Comment